How to Submit and View Work Orders
Submitting a work order is the best way to assure that your technology need is met. The work order system allows you to view all work orders you have submitted at any time to add comments, check the status, and communicate more effectively with the Technology Department and your technician. The system will email you when changes are made to your ticket to keep you informed about what is happening with your work order. You can still email the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions and information. However, all work orders MUST be submitted by staff using the following instructions.
First, make sure you have the required information ready when submitting your work order, including your location, room number, and Service Tag or WISD# of all equipment involved.
1. Go to helpdesk.wacoisd.org.Use your Active Directory (AD)username and password to log in.
2. Click Have a Problem? Report it.
3. Fill out the form with as much detail as possible. Note: Required fields are noted in red at the end of the field.
4. Fill out the form with as much detail as possible. Note: Required fields are noted in red at the end of the field.
- Short Description: Give a very brief description of your problem. This will be the title of your work order.
- Category: Select a category for your problem.
- Select Hardware if you are having problems with a physical piece of equipment. For example, the computer won't power on or headphone jack is broken or the printer won't print. Please select a subcategory as well.
- Sub-categories: Choose what type of hardware you are having a problem with, Desktop, Laptop, Projector, Printer, Display, Server, Timeclock, or Other.
- Select Software if a program or application on your computer is not working or you need a program installed.
- Select Network if you have problems with data ports, network cables, or other issues related to the network.
- Select Password if you are having issues logging in to systems.
- If your problem does not fit one of these categories, please select Other. Be sure to describe your problem in as much detail as possible.
- Impact: This is to let us know how many people are affected by this issue.
- SelectAdministration if the problem affects administrative staff.
- Select Campus/Building if an entire building or campus is affected
- Select Department if more than one staff in a department are affected.
- Select Lab if a computer lab is affected.
- Select Staff if you are the only one affected.
- Location: Tell us what campus or building you are in.
- Room Number: Tell us where to find you at your location.
- Alternate Phone Number: If you have a number other than your campus number that you would like us to use to contact you about this issue, please enter it here.
- Equipment Model: The solution to your problem often depends on what model of equipment you have. Please give us the model of the equipment experiencing a problem. For example, a Dell desktop computer could have a model such as Optiplex 380. The model is usually somewhere on the equipment.
- Service Tag/WISD#: The Service Tag or WISD# helps us identify the equipment that is having a problem. The service tag is preferred because we will always be able to identify your machine with it. Without this information, we may be delayed in addressing your problem.
- Describe the problem: Please give us as much detail about the problem you are experiencing. Include the exact wording of errors, versions of software, and the exact steps you took when the problem occurred. The more detail you give, the easier it is for us to troubleshoot your issue and solve your problem.
- Comment: This is where you can add additional comments. If you remember additional details or you need to give us new information you can add details here (EVEN AFTER you submit the work order).
- Attachment: Screenshots or pictures of the problem are always helpful in troubleshooting your issue.
5. Click Save.
6. You can log in to kbox.wacoisd.org any time and view and/or update all work orders that you have created.